Wacky, Wonderful (and Just Plain Weird!) Places to See in Houston
Third EditionThink you’ve seen all of Houston? Not until you’ve explored the sights of “Offbeat Houston!” In these pages you’ll discover where in Houston you can find:
- a coffin that looks like an airplane,
- art cars in their natural habitat,
- Benito Mussolini’s shaving kit,
- Elvis Presley’s car,
- an autographed ham,
- an archeological dig in the middle of Houston,
- houses where Clark Gable, Lyndon Johnson, George Bush, Howard Hughes and Dan Rather lived,
- memorabilia from the Titanic,
- Houston sights made famous in movies, and lots more!
The Deluxe Edition includes a CD containing HTML files with lots of color photos, live web links to Offbeat Houston web sites, and updates of new attractions and changes since the book was published. The CD files are arranged like a web site, and are viewable in your favorite web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, et al).
Beat the “been there, done that” blues! Get out of your chair and see the Houston even the natives don’t know.
Paperback, 144 pages